Thursday, May 28, 2009

Summary of A Jam-Packed Week (without Real Jam!)

5-29-09 Today is my last day on Ebeye--and one of the last blogs posted from Ebeye. (I'll be posting perhaps one or two more once I arrive back in the States; I'll let you know when the last post comes.) I feel a combination of glad and sad about leaving. I'm so conflicted about it that I'm happy to grieve.

My class picnic on Monday was attended by freshmen, sophomores, and juniors. It did not exactly go as Jordan and I planned, but the first half went well. (If you really want to know what went wrong, you can email me.) Tuesday was eighth grade graduation. It started only half an hour late (that was good), and then later that evening, they fed us. Wednesday was senior graduation. It started forty minutes late (also a good number), and it was long, but I enjoyed it and took pictures. I most definitely will be posting my pictures (partially to benefit Emily, who had to go home before graduation). On Thursday I went to Shell Island with Megan's class, Alan, Jordan, and John Mark, and had a good time. Then I waited for three hours for the seniors' banquet (which started at 9PM), and then we ate dinner. After that, we went back to the apartments, and the church Yokwe Yokwe'd us. They said nice things and gave us gifts, saying goodbye (especially because three of us are leaving today). Then some of the high school students showed up and did the same thing. I did not get to bed until 12:10 this morning. I will definitely be sleeping on the plane tonight!

Right now I'm running around and trying to get the last minute things I need to do done. There's a lot!!

More later.

~Ashlee

No comments: